The Environmental Benefits of Renewable Energy Sources
- No energy production cost: the cost of renewable energy systems are in the initial purchase price of the equipment.
- Direct and lasting contribution to reduction of CO2 and other emissions that contribute to global warming.
- Renewable energy is locally produced: reduces reliance on imported energy and long distance transmission.
- Keeps local energy dollars in the community. Renewable energy creates new jobs in every region of Canada.
- Reduces environmental costs caused by the use and transportation of fossil fuels.
- Reduces disruption of energy due to natural or geopolitical events.
- Solar installations do not require an environmental assessment, so few “not in my back yard” concerns.
Residence alternative energy plan